Student Advisory Group
U of MN MRC - Student Advisory Group
The Student Advisory Group (SAG) is comprised of two students from each Academic Health Center school/college and two undergraduate students from either the Future Physician's class or Jill DeBoer's "Battling the Bugs" class.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
U of MN Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) student members are invited to apply for membership on the U of MN MRC Student Advisory Group (SAG). The SAG is comprised of two students from each Academic Health Center school/college. Student MRC members interested in applying for membership on this advisory group may email the MRC Coordinator, Kathy Berlin, at firstname.lastname@example.org with a response to the following:
- List one or two reasons you felt compelled to join the U of MN MRC.
- List groups/clubs (if any) you participate in that are associated with the AHC school or college you are enrolled. (For example: National Student Nurses’ Association: Chapter at the U of MN (NSNA)
- List MRC events/team meetings/trainings (if any) in which you have participated.
Please submit your application responses by Monday, February 4th. Students chosen for the advisory group will be notified via email on Tuesday, February 12.
Group Member Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve in an advisory role to determine MRC training and development activities that would be
- of interest to MRC student members
- Serve as resource during training event planning to maximize student involvement
- Serve as liaison between MRC Program and student organizations
- Assist with promotion of the MRC Program within student clubs and organization in the school or college of enrollment
Criteria for Membership
- Current U of MN MRC member
- Enrolled in one of AHC Schools/College
- Complete MRC Orientation
- Willing to commit to one year term (March 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019)
- Attend an initial organizational meeting in March of 2019
- Attend 1 advisory board meeting a year
- Attend 1-2 student group/organization meetings a year to assist with recruitment of students